web analytics

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Who Lives There


That's a very big house sitting on a lot of land complete with horse stables and you name it, it has it.


This is the home of MY TWIN BROTHER in Southern California. Yes, I am a twin. I guess I posted about this in 2009. Just click on this link Twin Brother and scroll to see some childhood photos and a little about the family dynamics.

The last time I saw my twin brother was probably at the memorial service when my mother passed away in 1990 - or maybe it was when my oldest brother passed away after that time. 

It is extremely unfortunate that none of my family members have been close with one another. And, now it is only my twin brother and myself that are left. I have not been to his home. Never been invited. However, he sent me the photo of some of his horses after I called him a couple years ago. I found this photo of his home on the internet in 2009 some time after he bought the place. All three of my brothers were married and had very successful careers in their chosen professions. My twin brother has taken the position of distancing himself from the family as long as I can remember. And, the three brothers never got along. It is my belief that the parenting style had a significant influence on family relationships! My two oldest brothers chose not to have children. That may say something!

For about the last 15 years of my oldest (eight years older) brother's life, he and I became quite close and it was wonderful to have him to talk to and to visit. He lived in Oregon and was a wonderful person. 

Especially, at times like this when I am going through difficult life changes and events it would be so wonderful to have a brother who cared about me. The vast majority of my life I have felt very alone and have been alone.

What's the saying - - - - - - - - -





 And, this is my "Humble Little Abode" for which I am extremely grateful. 
I have worked very hard to obtain and keep my little home. 

(December 2013)

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014