web analytics

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Iris Mosaic


Be sure and click the photo so you can get the total effect of the beauty of these iris. Oh, look, how did Lily get in there? She is always full of surprises. I guess this is better than when she brought a mouse into the house!


Let me tell you a little about my iris garden. Most of them were planted many years ago. The first year they bloomed profusely. After that, not so much. My property has many, many big trees and they have grown considerably since I moved here. Thus, I have a lot more shade then when I planted the iris garden. Iris really like a lot of sun. Well, I was feeling badly that my iris weren't blooming year after year. And, then a surprise of all surprises. This year they put on a show like never before. The photo has 23 different colors. They didn't all bloom. There are about 35 different iris. I hope next year will be another "banner year".

Please take note of the white iris at the right side of the photo. It is very special to me because it was given to me this year by a friend. It has been in her garden for years and we don't know the name, so I named it "Gerber Iris". It is so beautiful, tall and stately. And, she has a big plot of them at the entrance to her home. When they are in full bloom, they are breathtaking. It is the only iris in her entire garden and I have lusted after it for years, prior to her moving there. But, now I'm a "happy camper" with white iris in my garden!


Wishing you a fulfilling day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014