web analytics

Monday, June 08, 2009

Let's Talk Knitting


Just a click will enlarge the photo.

I have been knitting for a very long time, intermittent through the years, but none the less loving it. I remember first learning to knit when I wanted to knit a pair of socks for my boyfriend. They turned out nicely and he sure was proud of them. Next, came the knitted "fuzzy dice" to hang from the rear view mirror of his new turquoise and white Chevy Impala. They were a hit, also. Those were the days!! It's OK that I'm dating myself, really. Throughout the years I have made more afghans than I can count. Knitting fit in nicely with my multitasking behavior. Watching television and knitting was a common sight.

So then, let me show you one of my latest knit projects. My granddaughter attends a high school whose mascot is a scorpion. Football season was a good time to knit a scarf to acknowledge her school colors and mascot. Adding an embroidered scorpion certainly made it a "one of a kind" scarf. It was fun to make. But, the best part was that she loved it. It doesn't get any better than that.


Hope you are having a HAPPY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014