web analytics

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Meaning of the Color Red

The color Red is such a wonderful color. According to Color Expert, Kate, Smith, "Red has more personal associations than any other color. Recognized as a stimulant, red is inherently exciting and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived. Red draws attention and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element."
I recall when some of the first books on "Dress for Success" were published for women. The color red was recommended for a job interview. In 1979, I wore a red dress for an interview at a Fortune 500 company in the Occupational Health Department. I was hired? RED WORKS.
Around the same time I bought a metallic red Datsun sporty car. I enjoyed every single day that I drove that little red car. It was so much fun!
Believe it or not, this post is leading up to the subject of knitting. Recently, I finished knitting a scarf. What color? You say. Of course - - - - - Red. The pattern for this scarf is Canterbury Memories designed by Carol Bristol (http://www.carolbristoldesigns.com/). I knit it in Lamb's Pride (wool-mohair blend) worsted weight yarn. It was a very enjoyable pattern and the yarn is yummy!
Wow, I just added a link and I really didn't know I was doing it. I'm not going to touch it for fear it will disappear. Just kidding!
I am still on this "creating a blog" learning curve. And wow, it's been steep. The biggest challenges have been the spacing and the photo layouts. I can't seem to position the photos where I want them to be on the page. I wish I knew more about computer code. I sure hope it gets easier.
In the meantime, here are a few things that are RED at my home. I hope you like them. Yes, they are mostly from the garden, which is such a passion of mine. The fireplace corner photo is one of my favorite "red spots" in my home. It was a lot of fun creating and painting. There are two more strips of red on the other side of the living room. That photo will be for another day.
Enjoy and take time to smell the roses~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014