web analytics

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Big Beautiful Rose


And, it is a beauty! I do not know the name of this rose. I can tell you that it is one of my favorite roses in my entire garden. I don't know the name because the bush was here when I moved here. The house was built in 1973 and it appears as though it was one of the original plantings. There wasn't much original planting when I moved here. The flower has a lovely fragrance and the blossoms gets very large. As most of you know, it can be quite difficult to duplicate the color of flowers on the computer screen as we see it with our own eyes. I have done my best in my "trial and error" learning approach. The plant itself is quite large and the base looks like it has been here for a long time. The base is large in circumference and is very woody. Whoever planted it - I thank you.


Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.
I am thankful that thorns have roses. - - - - - Alponse Karr.

 
Wishing you a SPECIAL SUNDAY filled with lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014