web analytics

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fruit Punch


Just a click will enlarge the photo.
This post is Part Two - - - - of the June 15 post. Let me present to you "Fruit Punch". It was a delightful project to work on; and even more delightful when I finished it which was not very long ago. It took about three months to complete this beauty. I worked on it quite intently during which time I was going through some difficult times trying to make sense out of senseless. As the saying goes, "When life gives you lemons - make lemonade". I thought fruit punch would work as well as lemonade!


I just discovered that if you clicked on the June 15 photo, you would have been able to see the full correct picture and you could have guessed what it was, all be it with a little cheating!


The pattern is Babette Blanket from Interweave Crochet Magazine - Spring 2006.

I chose Cascade 220 wool yarn and I used about 20 different colors. That's a lot of yarn to wind into balls. After, I finished winding about half of the yarn, I decided that I really should have a yarn swift. They are a rather pricey item. For many of us, the budget doesn't have much wiggle room.

It is time for me to put on my thinking cap. I like these kind of challenges. And, I especially like "making something out of nothing". So, I searched the Internet and found that several people have come up with ideas to make their own yarn swift out of things that can be found around the house/garage. So, I'm going to be working on this project.




Happy yarn winding to you - if you have yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014