web analytics

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Do You Like Cauliflower

If not, you may like this, if you like lots of flavor. Cauliflower can often be thought of as rather bland. This takes it up a notch.

Cauliflower Cheddar Gratin with Horseradish Bread Crumb Topping.


I got this out of the broiler just in time before the topping would have burned. We all know we should not walk away when something is under the broiler!


Cook cauliflower until slightly tender. Prepare white sauce, add salt and pepper along with shredded cheddar cheese.


Mix Panko bread crumbs with melted butter and 2 tbsp prepared horseradish. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cauliflower and bake until browned.


The horseradish sure gives it a nice punch! What a great idea.This recipe is making the rounds on the blogs and I am glad I saw it. I just may make this again for my Easter dinner.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I haven't made cauliflower cheese in a while but this has inspired me. Thank for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014