web analytics

Monday, March 17, 2014

Saint Patrick's Day

Looking at the calender, I see that this is officially Saint Patrick's Day. I guess I am not late with my post. Of, course we can post anything on any day we want on our little personal blogs. 


I love the look of these cookies. Almost to beautiful to eat! It would be nice to have a tray of these on my dining table along with some hot tea and we could have a little tete-a-tete.  This image is from google images.

The past week has been filled with events that caused me to be in a "high stress mode". I am happy to say that I think I have jumped the hurdles that were causing me to feel a little crazy. And, the week ended on a very good note and a little celebrating of the Green.  


This freshly painted shamrock is at the corner of my street and Main Street downtown Murphys. Several shamrocks are freshly painted on the town streets at this time of every year in preparation for Murphys Irish Days. This is probably the biggest event of the year for our little town with Parade, Craft- Food Vendors, Wine Tasting and lots of frivolity.


This is what the corner looked like on Saturday during parade time. 


And, this is what the street looked like just prior to parade time. Last year attendance was in excess of 10,000 visitors to Murphys! 

The church I attend serves a Pancake, Eggs and Ham Breakfast as a Fund Raiser every year. It is a very popular event with the community. Four hundred and eleven tickets were sold.  That little church was filled to capacity. A fabulously organized event was enjoyed by many people.


And, here are some parade pictures. There were many walking groups like Scouts, Dance Schools, Humane Society and Native Sons. The list goes on and on. But, I only took a few pictures so I could enjoy the parade.













If you are interested in more information on the history of St. Patrick's Day, our local newspaper has a nice article. Click on this link http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_c12ee4a2-ab07-11e3-b350-0019bb2963f4.html for some interesting reading.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014