web analytics

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Look What I Did Last Night

At about 10 P.M.- - - uh huh, I really did bake cupcakes!  In the afternoons, I usually run low on energy but it is not uncommon for me to get bursts of energy in the evening even when I have not had a chance for a little afternoon siesta!


These are the cupcakes direct from the oven. They are baked just fine even though the tops look a little odd.

That may be because my oven thermostat has been a big pain in the - - - you know what for quite some time. First off, when the signal chimes that it is preheated to the set temperature it is usually about 100 degrees under the set temperature. It takes about 20 minutes more to reach the correct temperature. And, it does not stay consistent.



This time the thermometer went all the way up to 400 degrees when the oven was set at 325 degrees. The recommended remedy in the oven manual does not correct the problem primarily because there isn't a consistent pattern. $2,300.00 in February 2008 for GE Profile and this is what I have. Many reviews I have read on various websites describe similar issues. Service technicians don't seem to be able to remedy the problems. Oh, and I have used three different oven thermometers to check for consistency.

The oven has never seemed "quite right" but did not become such an issue until this past four years when I have had reason to use the oven a lot more frequently.

I remember a period of time that it seemed like I could not cook anything that required the oven and have it come out as wished.   A good example is Baked Alaska, Dutch Baby Pancakes and Yorkshire Pudding. All of of these items require a very high heat. It is absolutely a must. And, I had made these many times prior with excited accomplishment! Because, I think they are a lot of fun to make and it is not your everyday fare. It is so nice to have real validation that I have not lost my mojo.

I guess I will just continue to bake/roast with a "watchful eye" on the oven thermometer that I have placed inside the oven!  But, it still is a pain in the - - - - ! Hopefully, there will be a time in my lifetime when I may be able to replace the stove/oven.. And, while I am at it, I could probably use a new automobile. Oh, And, I definitely need a new bed mattress, a good one for my troubled back! However, I have enough technology toys for now. It may take me years to learn everything about them! All but my desktop computer were gifts that I appreciate. 

Time to put some yummy frosting on those cupcakes. If you were here I would share with you - and a cup of tea or coffee.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014