web analytics

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

My Tiny Kitchen

This is one side of my kitchen. And, it is tiny! Since it is a "galley kitchen design" there is only one other side and that side is where the sink is located. OH, YOU ARE RIGHT, IT IS PURPLE AND ORANGE! All the painting was done by Moi.

In 2008 I was able to refinance my mortgage and upgrade my kitchen. The house was built in 1973 and it still had the harvest gold stove and hood. No dishwasher or even garbage disposal. It was nice that I could keep the expense down by doing a lot of the work myself.

I never planned on having a PURPLE kitchen, however after doing a colorful ceramic mosaic back-splash behind the kitchen sink (not the stove side) with lots of color, the rest is history. The kitchen sink side will be in my next post.


I enjoyed redecorating the kitchen and living with it. I think bright colors were a little more popular at that time. Sometimes, I think it might be nice to change the color scheme. You know, all shades of WHITE have become very popular!

After living in rental apartments/houses for so many years with all white interior, I never thought I would ever consider any decor with predominantly white.

One of the reasons I wanted to show you my little kitchen is because I made a few changes that will help me to get to my pots and pans a little easier. I had previously added a couple pull out racks but now it has been improved upon.


This is what I put in several years ago. The slide-out racks were helpful but see those things back in the corners on the right. Especially with my back problems it was so annoying to get down on the floor and either get them out or put them away. I found that many times it was just to difficult to put them away after cooking and then cleaning the kitchen so frequently they just stayed on the stove top until the next morning. 


Look-see! I found these pull-out shelves on Ebay at a very reasonable price. They fit the full shelf and they pull all the way out. Extremely easy to install was a nice bonus. Since there is so little storage in this kitchen, every little space is important.



I am delighted with them - yes delighted.

I do not know why I am having a lot of computer difficulties with blogging lately.  Many hours have been spent on trying to straighten things out. I have been using all three browsers, IE, Firefox and Chrome to get a post up on blogger! So many weird things continue to occur that are stretching my patience to the limit. But, I am hanging in there. Maybe, a programmer might help?

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014