web analytics

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gracie

I am so happy to see some blossoms on this azalea that has special meaning to me. Because it almost died this past fall from lack of water when I was in the hospital.  It was all wilted and the leaves were dry and yellow in color and were falling off.



This was a gift from a neighbor from where I lived before moving to the Sierra Foothills. She gave it to me when I had my back surgery in 1992. She was quite a bit older than me and she no longer is living. She was a great neighbor and a very good friend of mine. It was a flower from the florist and I named it Gracie in her memory.

When I returned home from the hospital this past fall, I was told that I was not to water any plants and to "Let the damn plants die". Hurtful! Nasty! The next day I was reprimanded for watering the patio plants! Astounding behavior from someone who did not live with me or ever spend a "sleep-over". Controlling! Abusive! You maybe know how much my garden and plants mean to me. A lot!


This is what the plant usually looks like during the blooming season! This picture was taken a few years back when it was smaller. The color is a little off because I had to scan the picture. You can be sure that I will nurture the azalea back to good health.

It's important to take care of what nature gives us. It is such a wonderful gift!


Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014