web analytics

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pinch Me If It Is Real

I think my computer miseries are in the past. At least for the time being. So, please pinch me if it is true.


Three hours of computer professional help yesterday and I was feeling optimistic. My desktop and laptop were supposedly worked on at the same time. I seldom use the desktop unless I am researching something that isn't working on the laptop. So, of course I realized that the desktop needed cleaning out. However, my main issues revolved around my difficulties with posting to Blogger. Lots of activity took place with the desktop but it seemed little was being worked on with the laptop. "But, who am I to question?" Don't get me wrong. I did.

HORROR - HORROR - HORROR.  Later when I opened my laptop the web pages were filled with a minimum of four pop-ups of ads, the pages were opening and closing by themselves. And, other pages would not open. It was like it was demon possessed! I felt sad especially after paying for professional service that doesn't come inexpensive. I don't doubt that the desktop was cleaned out of old stuff. But, I want to use the laptop! PLEASE.

To make a long story (day and night) short, I have spent hours and hours cleaning out programs, malware and junk from the laptop. Analyzing and defragmenting. The whole time I was keeping my fingers crossed that I wasn't over-reaching common sense. I sure learned a lot "from the seat of my pants", especially when I was deleting files and programs! That is scary.

The end result is that I am HAPPY - HAPPY - HAPPY. I will use Google Chrome for everything related to Blogger and Internet Explorer for everything else, and with the laptop. I can't even begin to tell you all the things that I was digging into that weren't working..

 At the present time it is just purring along without any hiccoughs. 

PINCH ME!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a successful mission. I hope you plan to treat yourself after such a job well done! Ice cream cone perhaps?
    Anita in San Diego

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014