web analytics

Monday, March 31, 2014

What Is A Baby Cocoon? Do You Know?


When I first heard at the end of 2012 that "The Stork" was going to be visiting our family I was very surprised and thrilled. Oh my, where does the time go?  I wasn't blogging at that time so I thought I would blog at this time about the Cocoon. 

I got busy with my crochet hook and made a Cocoon. I had seen theses cozy little bundles in blog land and thought I could make one for the baby that would be gender flexible. So, I chose yarn that had both blue and pink. 

It was nice to give the mommy and daddy to-be something at Christmas time before any of the special baby events started happening. They were very surprised and appreciative.

 
So, here we go. The cocoon is just a big sack for the baby to slip in and usually there is a matching cap. Kind of like "Snug as a bug in a rug".
This is a Google Image showing you the idea.
The cocoon is used when the baby is a newborn and for a short time after, depending upon the size of the baby.
I placed a blue ribbon on one side and a pink ribbon on the other side so they could take off one of the colors when the baby was born. 

I do not have a picture of my Great Grandson in it. I'll have to ask if one was taken. And, I do not know if the cocoon was ever used.

I do know that from day one this baby boy was definitely going to be a boy-boy. There were a lot of sports team tiny baby clothes! The cocoon may have been too foo-foo like.

When a baby is born "these days" it's a very different world than when my babies were born 50 some years ago! Yes I sound old, but it's only a number?

None the less, all of the baby things are cute.







Thank you for letting me share these cute baby photos and "a cocoon" with you.


Come back and visit soon.

Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014