web analytics

Monday, September 28, 2009

Walk About



Just a little "walk about" in the garden after returning home from a fabulous mini vacation at Carmel County Inn.  


This Gerbera Daisy have been blooming for months and I love it.  And, it looks like it is still going strong.  I can see at least six more blossoms that are coming up. How nice!




And, what a bright spot of sunshine this Yellow Gerbera Daisy is giving.  The center is very very black and beautiful. As the flowers continues to open, the center also turns yellow.  I think it is stunning. I never noticed the prominent black center in the past.  I think that is because the black center shows when the stem is short. And as the stem gets longer and the flower grows, the center changes to yellow. It looks like the Red Daisy has a yellow center that turns red!



I looked and found a photo of the Yellow Daisy that I had taken earlier in the season when the plant was much smaller and I guess I just didn't notice the black center.  But then, look at the other flower that is just starting to open. The center looks yellow, doesn't it?  Or is the flower in the twilight of its life? Interesting and very very pretty!




And, this little Fairy Lily is so sweet tucked in between the white Sweet Alyssum. It is blooming in late summer to early fall just true to form.  What a good little trooper.




A very late comer to the party is this lovely soft yellow Daylily "Personal Appearance".  Such a delicate yellow color.




And before long, the new Gerbera Daisy will find it's place in the garden.  I am still excited about the beautiful pink color.




Hope you have a Fabulous Day.

~Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014