web analytics

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Halloween Is Next

I hope all of you had a nice Holiday Weekend with fun, food and family. This year was very quiet for me. But, the weather was nice and I felt good. And, I was thankful for what I have even with all the issues associated with the recession.


Yes, Halloween is coming!  No, that is not going to be my mask and costume!  I had an appointment with the eye doctor today for my six month exam. All is well. During the past couple years, I have had two surgeries with clear-cornea lense placement for cataracts and one subsequent left eye laser capsulotomy  surgery. I have had excellent results which has given me 20/20 distance vision in my left eye and 20/30 distance vision in my right eye. This result has been so special because I have  worn glasses (or contact lenses)  since I was a child primarily because of an astigmatism. With the improved curvature of the lens in the eye the astigmatism is miniscule.

 
Having worked as a nurse in the hospital years ago I recall the procedures for such a surgery were very, very different.  Today it is so easy with out-patient surgery.  In the past the patients were in the hospital for at least a week and had to stay very quiet and in bed. In order for the patients head to remain still, we had to place sand-bags on each side of the head so the patient wouldn't turn or move.  Additionally, they did not have bathroom privilages which made it more difficult for the patient as well as the nurses. In so many ways, modern medicine is fabulous.  With this type of modern surgery it is much less intrusive in your life and daily activities.


You know, I think the above "headdress" could have great potential for a very interesting  party costume!  Just, think of all the embellishment and colors and glitter and feathers that would inhance the "inherent beauty" of the apparatus ! ! That's a tad silly, don't you think?
TAKE TIME TO SEE THE BIRDS IN THE SKY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014