web analytics

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Just A Little Sparkle

For the longest time, I wanted a pretty sparkly chandelier for my bedroom.  A few years back when I started doing some indoor painting I was able to get this one which I like very very much.  The painting is never finished, it seems.


With my back problems I am sure I spend more time cleaning brushes than getting the paint on the way because I have to pace myself and not work at it too long. But inch by inch I seem to make progress. The bedroom is painted cranberry pink with white trim. Yes, it is different but that is what I have been about with my house decorating. The ceiling madallion is painted white with gold sponged on to highlight the raised areas.

 


The photos of  "Pinky" and "Blue Boy" that I have been working on (http://www.everydaydelight09.blogspot.com/2009/09/she-is-at-it-again.html
) will go in my bedroom on each side of a chest of drawers that was my daughters when she was a little girl.  I repainted it white and put new hardware on the drawers.





When I get my bedroom cleaned I will take some photos. Just making that statement will help motivate me.  I would much rather work on projects than do the routine stuff that seems to always be needing attention!  I am sure the cleaning will not happen until after my little trip to Carmel.
Today, we have had a wonderful thunder storm with periods of  heavy rain.  It is definitely the time of changing seasons. Hope you are having a special day.


~Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014