web analytics

Monday, September 28, 2009

Country Road Produce

I knew that I would not be able to drive past every produce stand during my travels home through San Joaquin Valley. Summerwhite Nectarines, Fresh Corn, and a Half Flat of Strawberries came home with me.




The strawberries were gorgeous, also. I did not realize when I put the produce in the trunk of the car that it was going to get so very hot. I had the air conditioning on, but it was over 100 degrees outside.  So, the strawberries did a lot of rippening on the way home.  But, no fear, I was able to rescue about half of them from the ravages of total deteriation.



Out to the garage I went this morning to get my canning jars so I could make some Refrigerator Strawberry Jam.  I have heard about this  jam for years, but never made any until now.

Soo Easy---------and Soo Good------------------------!


I can imagine this jam as a topping on ice cream or even in a milkshake!  What little I sampled from the saucepan tasted very good.

I hope to go to Apple Hill for apples in a couple weeks. I am planning on making Apple Butter, which I truly love, especially on toast.

I really do feel reguvenated after my little time away.

Hope you are having a Wonderful Day.

~Mary~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014