web analytics

Friday, July 10, 2009

Surprise Sewing

Just a click will enlarge the photos.



It was so much fun to get the sewing machine out and finish a project that had been started a long time ago. The bag was almost finished. It only needed the magnetic closure and the inside bottom stitched closed. I guess I got sidetracked when I didn't have the magnetic closure that I wanted to use. We don't have any stores close by for craft items. As the result of that I usually purchase through the internet which I have found to be quite satisfactory. But, we do have a wonderful fabric store, especially for quilters. It doesn't get much better than being able to caress beautiful fabric and plan a new sewing project!


So, last Sunday I finished the bag and then I made the pincushion and the zippered bag to match the bag. I think the fabric is simply fabulous! I purchased it at the local fabric store.


This is a gift for a very special person who is always available when someone needs help of any kind. She is the kind of person that makes me wonder "How does she do so much for so many?"

 
My dear Singer Sewing machine is very very old but it has been a real work horse through the years. It is the Golden Touch & Sew Deluxe Zig-Zag sewing machine Model 620. I bought it new for $409.45 in 1968. Wow, that sounds like many lifetimes ago! I have always kept it clean and oiled regularly. It has been in for repair only three times. The gears are the problem with these machines. In 1984, two gears were replaced and it still runs quite well. It is beginning to be quite difficult to get parts for this machine according to what I have been reading on the internet. What oh, what would I do without the internet???


It is more blessed to give than to receive;
yet a noble nature can accept and be thankful.
by Johann August Strindberg

Today, Give Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014