web analytics

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Star Is Born


Not long ago, it seemed as though lots and lots of people in crafting blogland were crocheting star afghans. So, I had to jump on the bandwagon. Why not?

This is how mine turned out. I'm very pleased with it. The yarn is Patons Classic Wool in colors: That's Pink, Winter White, Leaf Green and Royal Purple. This color combination seems to be quite popular. Can you tell that I like color and lots of it. I think that is the result of living in rentals with white walls for so many years. Perhaps, I am making up for lost time by having colorful and hopefully aesthetically pleasing wall paint in my home.
At this time of year, I spend so much time outside working in the garden or just routine outside house care that I do not have the time to do very much crafting. There will be time for more crafting after the summer months. And, by then I'll be tired of being dirty and all the outdoor work. I'll be ready for the change of season.

There is no season such delight can bring,
As Summer, Autumn, Winter , and the Spring.
- - - William Browne (1591-1645).

I hope your are ENJOYING your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014