web analytics

Friday, July 17, 2009

Machete To The Rescue

I really do surprise myself at times. On a whim I decided I needed to remove a dying plant from this wine barrel planter. It had been planted in there for quite some time and was not happy, looking worse each year in spite of my tender loving care providing it every remedy that I could come up with. Sometimes, it is just time to give things back to the earth! Well, perhaps the dying plant wasn't sure if it was in sync with my idea. The roots were big and many. I tried and tried to get it out and progress was slow.
Then a light bulb went off in my head. It's time for the machete! I knew when I bought it from an estate sale for ten bucks that it would come in handy some day. It was quite old but in beautiful condition. It is mighty sharp and the blade is seventeen inches long. Boy, did it ever do the job quickly for me. I think the tool can sometimes make the difference between doing a job safely or not so safe even when working with a machete.
I have great respect for objects that are potentially dangerous and I am very very careful using them. When I am finished using them I take them right back to where I store them.

Mission accomplished. Now I can study the soil and see if it needs any nourishment and then plant something to see if it will grow in this planter. I'll let you know how it works out. All in the day of a gardeners life!

I hope your day is FANTASTIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014