web analytics

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Lovely Lilac

A few months ago, prior to the weather starting to get so warm, I started knitting this afghan. Because I like the pattern so much, this is the third time I am using it. Many years ago, I made two in the color yellow just like the one pictured in the above photo. The yellow afghans looked like lemon sherbet and they were very soft.

I had to take many photos to get a close representation of the color. But, the colors are still not right. It is a very delicate color and proved difficult for me to photograph. I will have to take more on another day when the outdoor light is better for this project. The lowest photo is closer to the color I am trying to show. And, of course, I'll take pictures when it is finished.
The lilac yarn is Bernat Berella "4", which is a worsted weight 100% acrylic. I want the afghan to be washable and this yarn has worked well for me in the past when I made the yellow afghans. It takes a fair amount of yarn because it is knit with two strands. It is a good sized afghan measuring about 50 x 64 inches.

I was looking at the book that has the pattern. Oh my goodness, it is from 1968 and cost only $1.50. I guess I've been knitting for a very long time!

My granddaughter's favorite color is lilac/lavender. Does that tell you anything?



Have a FABULOUS day, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014