web analytics

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Can't Live Without It

This Little Red Wagon is such a good helper. There are days when I would not be able to take care of things in my garden if I didn't have this special helper to assist me in moving things from one area to another especially bags of planting mix and yard waste.
Several years ago, I was thinking that it would be fun to have my own personalized little red wagon. So I took my shiny new wagon to the local sign maker and he painted it for me. I think he did an excellent job. The second photo shows how much it has been used. I can't live without it! Many people have wanted my little red wagon. But, I say "no way" and if your name isn't Mary, you shouldn't have it anyway. I guess I am a little protective. It's mine!
I am curious about so many things that I encounter day by day. So, it was no surprise that I wanted to know a little more about the "little red wagon". My research took me to a wonderful website (http://monkeyshinenews.blogspot.com/2006/12/history-of-radio-flyer.html) that gives a very comprehensive history of this wonderful little wagon. I hope you enjoy reading it. I think it is fun to see how things evolve through the ages.
Also, Robert Pasin has written a sweet little book called "My Little Red Wagon; Radio Flyer Memories". I noticed that it is available on amazon.com at (http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Red-Wagon-Memories/dp/0740700448). I mention these sites for no other reason than sources of interest and information.
Now, lets, go pull our doggie in our little red wagon! Lily has a puzzled look on her face when I take pictures of her. The breed tends to have "sad eyes" but they really are happy little dogs.
Have a FABULOUS day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014