web analytics

Monday, July 13, 2009

Garden Cleanup

It seems as though it is constant, the daily ritual of cleaning the patio and drive-way! You can imagine what it would look like if I just ignored it. Not pretty. At this time of year the sappy, sticky cedar seed pods (that's a mouthful) are the most annoying. They get stuck in my dogs fur and they track into the house.
I started early this morning with the clean up and watering. The weather temperature is suppose to reach triple digits today.
It is very pretty outside today. The day lilies are blooming and I'll take some pictures for tomorrows post.














I would just like to document what happens almost every year with garden cleanup. I use big yard waste bags to put the yard waste into. And, when I have accumulated "a lot" of bags, I rent one of these dumpsters. Then I proceed to put the bag on the white box. That way I don't have to lift as high. Remember, I have had back surgery with residual disabilities! Next, I get on the step stool and dump the "stuff" into the dumpster. Less strain on my back. I have a 24 inch square piece of plywood that I put on top of the "stuff" and then I jump on it to compact the "stuff" so I can get more into the dumpster.


You can imagine the visual for the people walking by. It can be quite a sight when I'm all dirty and sweaty AND on top of a dumpster. There are lots of "'walkers" in my neighborhood. And, lots of dogs walking people. I certainly get enough exercise without a daily walk.
With my nursing background in ergonomics I always work at finding the least physically demanding manner in which to do things so I can minimize the chances of hurting myself. I am patient and thoughtful when I am doing physically stressful work. It's all in a days work.


Have a HAPPY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014