web analytics

Friday, July 31, 2009

Run Quick

Get the camera!

Click the photo to enlarge.
While I was out watering the garden Lily started making noises like when she sees someone that she knows. Within seconds I saw deer meandering up the rocks and onto the neighbors driveway. I put down the watering hose and ran into the house and grabbed my camera and was adjusting it for distance as I was running. This is the only photo I could get. The next photo was only the tail of the second deer darting into the garden for some lunch. It was just that time of day and the bright sun was high in the sky. I am a little surprised that I was able to get a photo that would be presentable. What you see is what I got. Not to bad considering the circumstances.
Lily is a real fan of the deer. In the past, I have seen her and a deer nose-to-nose through the wire fencing. That would make a great photo! But, I wasn't fast enough in getting the camera. She seems to be as fascinated with them as they are with her. Sometimes, in the evening when I think the deer might be traveling through the yard behind the house, I go to the window where the sofa sits and say to Lily "Where is Bambi?" and she runs and gets on the back of the sofa and watches and watches. She has seen them many times through that window and she loves it. They are so beautiful and graceful as they glide over fences. My fencing seems to be high enough that they just say, "Forget it, we'll go next door". However, before I had fencing, they never seemed to miss a day without visiting my rose garden, carrying on like they thought it was ice cream. I think it is a little surprising that we see the deer so often given the fact that we live very close to town.
A smile is the lighting system of the face,
the cooling system of the head
and the heating system of the heart.
- - -Anonymous

Hope you ENJOY the last day of July - can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014