web analytics

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Here Chickie, Here Piggie


Even though it was very hot again today, I had to prepare some chicken thighs that I purchased yesterday at a very good price. I have some nice portions to put in the freezer that I can microwave on another day. As I frequently do, I went to the Internet to look for something that I have not made previously. I found a very simple recipe that has very simple ingredients. It is called Thighs on Rice. The name couldn't get much simpler either! The recipe is from Allrecipes.com. I have been quite successful with that web site when I am looking for recipes. I am very pleased with the finished dish. Add some steamed carrots and a romaine lettuce and tomato salad on the side and it is a nice dinner. The recipe link is http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Thighs-on-Rice/Detail.aspx.

If you knew how many cookbooks I have in my collection, you might question my sanity for looking for more recipes on the Internet. At a later date, I'll show you the bookshelf.


Since the house was already seriously hot, I decided that I should go ahead and prepare the pork chops that I also have from the grocery shopping the day before.












This time, I went to the recipe box to get a recipe that I have made many times since I was a new young wife - - - - - - long, long ago. The name is Hawaiian Pork Chops and it is also a very easy recipe. You use 6 or more pork chops that you salt and pepper, then dip in a mixture of one beaten egg and 2 Tbsp. cream or milk. Coat them with bread crumbs (I used plain Panko crispy bread crumbs) and brown in oil until golden brown. Place the chops in a baking dish and cover with crushed pineapple. Do not cover. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes. And, that's it and they are good!




Isn't that pretty?

I have always enjoyed cooking and baking. I still do quite a bit of it. My biggest deterrent these days is the price of groceries. I like using lots of ingredients that are not in the casual pantry but those items have become so pricey that I no longer can cook the same way. Many of those items aren't used that often and I am always concerned about the shelf life. If I only use the item once and have to throw the remainder out, I can't justify purchasing it. I'm just thankful I had the opportunity for years to enjoy cooking lots of different cuisines.

Wishing you a FABULOUS summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014