web analytics

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tudor And Baroque



The birth of another prayer shawl. The yarn colors are Tudor and Baroque. These shawls for those in need or celebration or transition are so easy to knit.  I have chosen to knit with straight knit stitch and no fancy stitches. That way I can pick it up at any time and just knit a row or two or more without trying to find my place in a pattern and taking the risk of having to rip back because of pattern error. I am letting the colors of the yarn be what ever pattern they evolve into.  Not giving it much thought. But, putting thoughts of love for the recipient into the process, whoever they may be. 



 It is nice to know that I am doing something for someone else. I guess one reason for that feeling would be all the many years in the service and giving profession of nursing.  They (whoever they are) say that there are "givers" and "takers" in life. Sometimes, I wish I had a little more of the "taker" in me. Through the years I think I have been able to bring more balance of those two traits into my life. Just trying to be a better  "LIBRA", I guess! 


When I write these posts, I never know what is going to show up on the computer screen!  At a later time after I have blogged for a longer time , I think I will try to do a little analysis of how blogging has brought changes into my life.  Because it does.

That's it for today, folks!  Take special care of yourself today and always. 

~Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014