web analytics

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Technology - Unavoidable


I feel like I have so much learning to do. But, it takes patience and time. Some of the electronics that I need to spend one on one personal time with are my camera, laptop, desktop PC, note pad and new phone.

I know all of these electronics can do so much more than what I have learned. It seems as though I learn on an as-to-know basis which means it takes much longer to do some activities than is necessary. I don't know, maybe this is the manner which most people learn. At least, when it comes to our continual changing electronics.

It can be very frustrating for me when I know a certain electronic can do functions that I can't seem to perform. I know that my round-about way of accomplishing some tasks is way too time consuming.

What am I going to do about my dilemma? Try and try some more - and some more to get more disciplined and start to seriously study these necessary "gems" that are becoming mainstream living.

Yes, I am fortunate to possess these "gems", especially since I am one of "those people who don't want to be left behind in the dust" as the world continues without me.

I guess part of my attitude comes from past experience when I had a neighbor who was several years older than myself.  ATM's were starting to be available and she never learned how to use them because she did not want to. So, she continued to go to the bank for all of her transactions. She lived many more years with this attitude about our continuing technological advances. She was such a fascinating, fun, intelligent and stubborn lady. She was a wonderful neighbor and friend and I miss her greatly.

Another reason for my attitude may be that I have had to take care of myself most of my life as a single person without someone else "to do it for me", not even family.

Maybe this post could be called  "A Little More About Me" that you didn't need to know. But then, isn't that what most blogging is all about?

Mary
 

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014