web analytics

Friday, February 21, 2014

Lunch For One And Then Oh! No!

The sun is shining brightly but it is periodically quite windy. But, looks like a good day to do a little outside work specifically leaf and tree debris blowing of the patio, side walks and driveway. I spent a couple hours of work and then decided to go in the house for some lunch. I put together a simple but yummy hot soup and sandwich. Is there anything better than Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwich on a cool windy day? So far - so good. Than I decided to eat in the front room and watch a little TV while I enjoyed my little lunch.
 

  
T H E N - Oh! No!   Ker plunk - There goes the full mug of orange-red tomato soup all over the recently steam-cleaned (done by me) carpet. That's a lot of soup right in the middle of the room. Swear words at a time like this rarely help, so I seldom bother.
 
I know my room accent color is red/orange but this is not what I have in mind! 
 
But, look, look, my little helper quickly comes to the scene to render help. Such an efficient little machine. She even nudged her nose under a couple tea towels I quickly threw to the floor to absorb some of "my nice hot soup".
 
Just a little help is all I would accept from Lily for thoughts of her well being were on my mind. That's a lot of tomato and probably mixed in with some chemicals from past cleanings. Protective mother, probably. 
 
Have you ever seen little orange doggy footprints on a kitchen floor? I have.
 
 
The last couple days have not scored very high on my happiness and contentment score card. Due to undesirable actions by an individual from my past. But, I think this carpet accident kind of put me back on track. Really, I just laughed. Yes, I could be a little crazy - but just a little!
 
Now, look at it this way.
 
If I didn't have soup in the cupboard - I wouldn't have spilled (ker plunked) it.
 
If I didn't have a carpet - I wouldn't have spilled on it.
 
If I didn't have a house to live in (homeless) - there would not be anything to swear about in regards to this accident or clumsiness.
 
Really now. It is pretty great to have soup in the cupboard! ! !
 
LATER.  As the sun set, I got busy working on this new project (carpet-yuck) that took my mind off of "my life". There is nothing quite like hard work to set you straight, right?  Me and my machine worked and worked.
 
Tomato is certainly one of the less desirable stains to work on. .  After many different cleaning solutions including some home remedy mixes I hope I will be content with the result when I see it after it has dried, perhaps in the morning. 
 
 
Then it was time to rest. Thankful for an opened wine bottle of a lovely Sauvignon Blanc from a local winery, tasting room only a block away. Just enough left in the bottle for a nice full glass.
 
It's a lot better than swearing! 
 
Mary
 

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014