web analytics

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Revisiting Monday's Soup Making

 Well, the Potato Soup "left a lot to be desired". Perhaps, the frozen hash brown potatoes weren't as fresh as they could have been even though they were recently purchased. Perhaps, some of my displeasure was the consistency of the soup even though I cooked it longer than called for. It didn't seem creamy enough. I spent some time "doctoring it up" but didn't find any magic potion (seasonings) to improve it much! However, I eventually added a can of cream of potato soup which kind of defeated my effort to make a water based instead of milk based soup. However, that improved it enough to make it eatable. I really am not in a position to throw out food if at all possible.

There are so many yummy soup recipes around blog land and in my many cookbooks. I will be making potato soup again. Probably one with a milk base even though they usually have a higher calorie count. Oh well, sometimes it is worth it.

I am beginning to think that sometimes it may be easier to just make things on the stove top with our standard recipes, especially in my situation as a retired person. This is a wonderful time of the year with the cold weather to have "the soup kettle on".


Now, on to the other soup from Monday's post.

Hearty Mexican Chicken Soup.



Photo from Kraft
 

WOW, that was good. And, you can find the recipe here at
Hearty Mexican Chicken Soup.

Stay warm and eat more soup. It's good for you. OK?


Mary

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014