web analytics

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Is There A Resemblance

As I was preparing for my February 18, 2014 post, I noticed my profile picture in the left column as it was visually close to the photo of my mother in her wedding photo. And, I said to myself  Oh my goodness, that is me. Do people ever tell you that you look like your mother?
 
 
I think this was somewhat shocking because I seldom see a photo of my mother. If she was still living I imagine I would hear that type of comment more often.                     

 
I find it interesting that recently when a friend saw a photo of me and my daughter that was taken this past September, the comment was something to the effect, "You can sure tell she is your daughter". So, what do you think?
 
 
Recently, we have been reuniting following a ten year estrangement.  It is slow but it is wonderful to be able to pick up the phone to call her. This undesired change in our relationship started ten years ago following some major life changes in her life. I love her dearly! She has been and is a fabulous daughter who is warm, caring, outgoing, self assured, intelligent, very focused and a high achiever. So often small issues and/or misunderstandings can feel and/or become huge. It is so unfortunate for all involved. She is very happily married and we enjoyed a great Thanksgiving this past year in my home. I have to remind myself that my children did not have healthy family role models in the family as they were growing up, somewhat similar to my life.  
 
 
Is that a look of admiration - or what? 
 
I love all of my family so very much. We are small in number but so important to me. God willing my son will join us in heart, soul and presence in the future. I'm not so young anymore (but still cluck-clucking) and as we know life can change in the blink of an eyelash.
 
Mary

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014