web analytics

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Looks Like Onion Soup But It Isn't

Thanks to a wonderful food blogger - Closet Cooking, I tried another new recipe (to me anyway) called REUBEN SOUP. My Oh My, was it ever so delicious. Be sure and check his blog for some delightful photos of this great soup as well as great recipes. Also, check out HEAT OVEN TO 350 as Closet Cooking gives credit for that being his inspiration. For me, the recipe turned out perfectly with Dark Rye Bread and Swiss Cheese on the top and placed under the broiler for a few minutes just like onion soup. It also looks very nice served in an open flat soup bowl.

Since I had some beautiful avocados that I wanted to use, I thought that nice creamy avocado, instead of butter, would be nice spread on the dark rye bread. It was a nice mellow flavor to accompany the spiciness of the soup. After all, the soup has pickling spice and red pepper flakes as two of its ingredients! Have I gotten your attention yet?

 
I was able to put a couple serving size containers in the freezer for later enjoyment. I have told you that I am on a cooking spree. I don't know how long it will last. But, I bet when it is over, it WILL be OVER for a while.

Yesterday, my close friend who has been ill came over for a Grilled Reuben Sandwich and catch-up chit-chat along with HOT APPLE PIE.  This was the first time she has been well enough to come over because of her health and the inclement weather. We had a wonderful time together. If you haven't seen my Hot Apple Pie, check it out by clicking the link.

Stay Warm And Dry. More rain is in our weather forecast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014