web analytics

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

When Life Gives You Beautiful Lemons

Make lemon cubes  in ice cube trays. Aren't these the most beautiful lemons? I could not pass them up in the store.  And, at $2.99 for a 2 pound bag it would have been so foolish. That price is a lot better than 2 lemons for $1.00!!!

 


A lot of the recipes that I have been looking at lately ask for fresh squeezed lemon juice. And, I like the added flavor it gives to the food.  Tonight I will be having white fish baked in white wine, mushrooms, green onions, salt and pepper and a splash of lemon juice. No recipe, just fixing as I go.  At least that is what I think I will do.



I have had this juicer for many years. It isn't something that I use often. But, it sure is nice to have  when I want to make fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast which is something I like to do when I can get nice "juice oranges". It is a nice size juicer and it does a great job.


There is a little more than 1  1/2 cups pure lemon juice. And, no seeds because they are in the strainer at the top of the juicer.


And, now I will have 16 cubes (2 in another tray) that are approximately 2 tablespoons each.  When they are frozen I will take them out of the trays and put them in a freezer bag. They will be ready whenever I need lemon juice. How great is that?

 
Even though I have an automatic ice maker in my freezer, I have kept the trays for this sort of thing. Every once in a while I use them for something and it reminds me why I kept them!

Hope you are having a Sunshiny Day. The lemons make me think of sunshine. 



1 comment:

  1. hi...great blog! thanks for stopping by mine and leaving best wishes for teddy! i am glad lilly is better too. this lemon juice idea is great. i am going to make some soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014