web analytics

Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's My Friends Fault

I'm in the kitchen "Cookin' Again". I have a very special friend that lives on the other side of the United States in New York.  In 1957 we were in the same High School graduating class in Southern California. We had been good friends during high school and remained friends after marriage and children. But, as life often does, we lost contact with one another. On occasion both of us made an effort through the Internet to locate each other to no avail.  And then, a couple years ago I received an email from her and our friendship just picked up where it left off and we are both thrilled. Instead of "pen pals", I guess I would have to say that we have become "email pals" and sometimes "phone pals".  I sure like it when life throws me a special blessing now and then.

Well, on to the "Cookin".  In one of the recent emails, my friend sent me a recipe she had prepared the night before and I decided to also prepare Classic Chinese Pepper Steak. I don't know that I have ever made it in the past. It was so easy and sure tasted good. You can find it at Just A Pinch. I added mushrooms and prepared Baked Brown Rice. This recipe for brown rice turns out perfectly. Try it! 
  


 
No photo of my dinner plate. Just trust me, it looked good and it was good and it was nice and healthy with the veggies and brown rice.

Thank you friend for the recipe inspiration.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014