web analytics

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Afternoon Tea - - - - - - I Mean Tuaca

What could be better on a very rainy afternoon? I have a great friend who among other things always takes care of Lily when I need to be away for a whole day. She calls herself "Lily's other Mom" and she spoils Lily more than any dog should be spoiled. Even though these days I rarely have alcoholic drinks this little afternoon ritual has become a little more frequent during this endless winter weather. What could be more enjoyable than HOT APPLE PIE on a dreary afternoon? It's a special treat that tastes scrumptious, looks special, smells heavenly and has a silly name - - - what more would you want?




The first time I tasted this drink was in 1996 when I was asked to work on a fund raiser for the Calaveras County Master Gardeners. I was asked to be the editor of a collection of recipes compiled by the members of the organization. The name of the cook book is The Gardeners' Table. At a later time I may post about the birth of a cookbook.

This is how you can make "A Hot Apple Pie".

1 quart apple cider
3 to 4 whole cloves
5 oz Tuaca Liqueur
Fresh whipped cream
Ground cinnamon

Bring the apple cider and cloves just to the boiling point in a medium saucepan. Pour the Tuaca (1-1/4 oz per serving) into 8 ounce stemmed glasses. Remove the cloves and pour the cider into glasses to within 1/2-inch of the rim. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. ENJOY.

 I know these next photos are shameful. But my friend breaks all of my rules that I have for my little dog.




I hope you are Warm and Comfortable on this winter day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014