web analytics

Friday, March 18, 2011

White As Snow


This is the last photo I took with my Casio digital camera before it died. The little camera served me very well since I bought it in 2008. I must admit that I have dropped it a time or two. I guess it thought “enough is enough, I quit” and I can hardly blame it. It was a good little friend teaching me how to take photos for my blog.


The photo of the White Camellia is the first camellia to bloom in the garden this season. Sadly, it is also, the last photo I took in the garden before a snow storm started this evening about 5:30 PM.

The Big Irish Days Celebration is scheduled for tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the town folk have been preparing for months for the events that are planned. Even, our little church has been working very hard preparing for their annual Pancake Breakfast that was to start at 8:00 AM in the morning. This is a very big storm for us. We lost our power about 7:45 this evening and I am typing this post on my laptop.


From my dining room window you can see the snow as it was beginning to fall. It snowed steady for at least 3 hours.


It looks like my St. Patrick’s Celebration hat is going to stay on the mannequin this year. My Special Man brought it home for me a couple days ago just so I would be festive for the activities on Saturday even if I had to bundle up because of the cold weather.. Do I dare tell you that he has green slacks for the event? This little town really goes “all out” for their celebrations! Just take a look at these photos from last year.

 


These photos are from flicker taken by someone who attended last year.  The crowds were very large on a very sunny day.  It was a great celebration! The above photo is a short block from my home. 

A couple months ago, I bought an inexpensive little camera in case my Casio Exilim EX-S770 did not live much longer. The new one is a Polaroid i1437 and I was able to use it for the snow pictures this afternoon. I hope to get another camera before too long.

The snow has stopped and is quite wet. So, we will have to wait and see what it looks like in the morning. Maybe, enough snow will melt and the - - - - - - Party can begin!

I hope you have a Great Weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014