web analytics

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Success Came My Way This Time

Yes, I have been playing in the kitchen again. But, first I was in a box of my old recipes. Country Spareribs with Sauerkraut and Cabbage has been looking at me for quite some time now. When I say old recipe I am not kidding. The bottom of the page says February 3, 1985 / San Francisco Sunday Examiner/Chronicle. Now, how is that for keeping recipes a long time in the "some time I'll make it" box?


I put a few photos together for you. I totally forgot to take a photo at the dinner table after serving.



I have copied the recipe for you and posted it here. It is a little different than what I have prepared in the past. I have used tart apples and caraway seed previously, but not leeks, sliced cabbage, wine and balsamic vinegar in my ribs and sauerkraut recipes. I will make this recipe again. I liked how the flavors mingled nicely.  I hope you will try it.


This is a great recipe for a rainy day and that is exactly what the weather has been like today.

I hope you have had a Nice Weekend.


ADDITIONAL NOTE:  Even though the recipe says 8 oz. saurerkraut  - -  -  I used a 28 oz. jar of saurerkraut because that is what I had in the cupboard. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014