web analytics

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Leg of Lamb

Since I had this little Leg of Lamb that is called Short Cut in the freezer, I thought it would be best to pop it in the oven today and then put together some microwave dinners for myself.  You see, My Special Man does not care much for leg of lamb.

I have done next to no cooking during the past few months.  And, that makes it a little difficult to find ingredients to prepare food without going to the store.  I wanted to put a glaze on the lamb, so I went cupboard to cupboard to refrigerator to see what I could find. I came up with just enough apricot preserves in the bottom of a jar, some mustard, garlic power, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and some locally grown and produced Manzanillo olive oil. 

After sprinkling the lamb with lots of salt and pepper, I baked it until about 140 degrees before adding the glaze for the last twenty minutes until it was a nice medium-rare. I need to give consideration to the fact that I will be microwaving it in the future. Thus, it will cook a little more.
  
 OH, Yes - it turned out very nicely. Not only does it look good, but it tastes so, so good with the flavorful glaze! How do you like the canning lids that I used for the rack. My philosophy is that most everything has more than one use.


Now, I will prepare some vegetables and either potatoes, rice or noodles to go with the lamb for my little microwave dinners. It will taste so good at the end of the day of working in the garden.



I took the easy way and just steamed some rice and vegetables. I am cooking for ease, convenience and nutrition today, not gourmet cuisine.


I am beginning to think my refrigerator looks like a "guys refrig" with only beer and cheese inside ! ! !

Just a note, we are having Baked Ham Easter dinner here in my home!

That's all until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014