web analytics

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Going To A Wedding Reception

Today, we will be going to a Wedding Reception for the grandson of My Special Man. It is a good thing that it is indoors because the weather is less than ideal for an outdoor event. I will have the opportunity to meet many, many more relatives and friends. And, that is always interesting! I am pleased with what I will be wearing. Perhaps, I will be able to post a photo of myself at a later time.


Yesterday was an enjoyable day for me because I was doing some preparation for our Easter Dinner. It has been quite a long time (maybe three years) since I have done much in the way of holiday cooking for guests.  The most fun activity was preparing everything for Baked Alaska.  I baked the sponge cake base from scratch  (how difficult can that be) and prepared the ice cream mold in a bowl and then unmolded it onto the cake base. So, now it is in the freezer just waiting to have the meringue prepared and baked just prior to serving. I really love making Baked Alaska because it is so easy and always gets a reaction of Ooohhs and Aaahhs.


I just talked with My Special Man and he wants to pickup Lily after we are home from the reception and go to his house where some of the out-of-town family will be this evening. So, what did I do? Of course, I gave Lily a bath. It is a good thing that she is such an easy and good dog. It is probably the fastest bath she has ever been given.


Lily is going to be so pretty and fluffy when she is dry.  Just, all in a days work

I must run now and get dressed.

Wishing you a Fabulous Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014