web analytics

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rainy Day Travel And A Little Shopping

Such a rainy day to be traveling to the Bay Area! It rained all day on and off with some periods of very heavy rain. We left at  8 AM and arrived at our first stop, The Elks Lodge in the city of Sunnyvale by 11 AM  in time for My Special Man to attend an annual luncheon reunion of retired engineers from the Aerospace Profession.  It was my plan to go to lunch and do some shopping during his reunion but the rain was coming down so hard that I decided to stay in the car and knit on a red scarf that I started before Christmas. During one of the briefs periods of little to no rain I took this photo of the Lodge.


This is a silly photo of me in the car looking at the rain drops on the side rear view mirror. As you can see, this was not a very good day for taking pictures. 
  

And, this is the red scarf on my lap as I sat in the car knitting.

After getting a quick bite for me to eat at a drive through (that is all that I wanted) we went to SANTANA ROW an upscale shopping, dining, entertainment and residential environment in San Jose to shop.  The rain was coming down hard so I did not take any photos of the beautiful floral landscaping and the upscale shops. Much to my surprise the buildings did not have any roof overhangs and thus when we exited a store we were immediately in heavy rain. Hassling with an umbrella was not something that I wanted to do.  It did not make for a very enjoyable shopping experience. However, we were able to go to Orvis to buy some luggage for our upcoming travels to Germany. My Special Man was looking for a special feature of a garment bag included in a one-piece luggage and we found exactly what he wanted. We do plan on returning another time and spend the day shopping and just having fun! Since we were making it a one day trip, we needed to head home which would be another 2-3 hour drive. 

Santana Row (Google image)

It is raining again today.

Sending you wishes for a Sunny Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014