web analytics

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gracie Azalea

I have named this plant "My Gracie Azalea". This was a florist azalea gift that I received seventeen years ago prior to living here, when I had back surgery, from a dear neighbor named Gracie. She was quite a bit older than me and is no longer  with us. And, I miss her dearly. This plant is a real survivor having lived throw inclement weather conditions that azaleas don't especially like and poor soil (inadvertantly purchased after the New Orleans flood) that was contaminated with mold. At that time, I really thought the plant was going to die. It did not have a leaf on it and the root ball looked terrible. But, I trimed it back and repotted it with new quality soil. And, look at it now!


A little nurturing can go a long way!
I hope you are having a Wonderful Day.

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in south Alabama and I desperately miss the azaleas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekka, thanks for stopping by. Your aprons are sweet. Blessings with your new addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014