web analytics

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Thanksgiving Is Next

So, it is time to change out a few decorations to welcome in the Thanksgiving holidays. You know they will be here before the next blink of an eye. It looks like my horn of plenty basket is overflowing with harvest flowers. This table sits at the end of my entry hall and it makes a nice welcoming statement when anyone comes in the front door. 


Visions of chestnuts roasting in the fire?  No, not quite. I thought I would try my hand at roasting some chestnuts in the oven.  I bought them when I went to Apple Hill a couple weeks ago and I was a little concerned about some mold that was starting to form. So, I was a little less than enthusiastic about the project. But, don't they look pretty on the tray? Well, that was the last of "looking pretty" to me. I had such a difficult time removing the skins that I tossed them all in the trash. I think a big factor in my failure had a lot to do with the continual discomfort I have been in with my back and right arm/shoulder.  I am trying to make the best of it but it is very tiring. I have an appointment with the doctor next Monday to review and discuss the MRI that demonstrated a tear in TWO different tendons along with spurs and arthritis in my right shoulder. Such is life.


Today, I have been trying to do some deep cleaning in my living room. I am trying to get a head start on cleaning before the holidays. Spreading it out over more days is more reasonable for me given how I feel. It is always nice when the house is nice and clean, don't ya think?

I hope you are having a Wonderful Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014