web analytics

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Lady Of Short Stature

Means that pant legs always have to be shortened. And that includes blue jeans which have a reputation for being very difficult to hem because of the heavy fabric and the ever recognizable orange thread. Throw in the fact that I am using a Singer Touch and Sew Zig Zag Sewing Machine that I purchased in 1968 and you have a master challenge.


I am a believer in the saying "They don't make 'um like they used to". And, in this case I am talking about one of my sewing machines. This machine has truly been a work horse through the years. Don't misunderstand me. The new machines certainly have a place in todays fabulous sewing and craft world.

 

Now, back to the subject at hand - - - hemming blue jeans. If you ever have to do this alteration, I seriously recommend the procedure explained at this website, How To Hem Jeans. Look how nice the hem looks with preservation of the original hem. I was able to hem two pairs of blue jeans today and that makes me very happy.


I hope you are having a Great Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014