web analytics

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It Was Such A Great Weekend

Our trip to see my Granddaughter at college was so very great. She was so happy to see me that she hugged  me so tight and would not let me go. And, then she hugged me some more! It was marvelous.

She showed us her dorm room and introduced us to a lot of her college friends. The Lavender Afghan that I made for her for her birthday last March was on her bed. Of course, that made me feel good. We had a tour of the campus and the fabulous Henry Madden Library that she uses regularly.


We then went to California Pizza Kitchen where she works and we enjoyed a nice lunch. She showed us the grocery story where she works and then we did a little shopping before going to dinner at Ruth's Crish Steak House for an outstanding steak dinner.

The next morning we let her "sleep in" and then we went to Marie Callender's for brunch. She had sent me a shirt with her college mascot on the front and we needed to exchange it for a different size. So, we went shopping some more to many different shops and boutiques. She was able to find a nice pair of short boots that she liked.

It was very difficult to say goodbye at 1:30 so she go to an afternoon class. My heart is filled with joy just being able to see her for the short time that we had together.

No trip would be complete without a short visit to Cold Stone Creamery, would it?


I will always cherish the memories. And, I can't wait to see her again soon!

I hope you are having a Fabulous Day.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mary for stopping by my blog and for the well wishes on my wrist. It's getting better day by day. Looks like you had a lovely time with your granddaughter. Such a beautiful girl! I'm sure you're very proud of her.

    Hugs,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014