web analytics

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bag It To Me

Just a click will enlarge the photos.
Another project almost completed. This is "Inga's crocheted granny square bag" and it was a lot of fun to make. The original pattern was in German which made it a little challenging. But, then it was published on the web in English. It wasn't impossible to figure out in German because there were diagrams, but English made it much easier. You can find the pattern at - http://www.stricksucht.de/anleitungen/crochetedbag.pdf


I thought it would be nice to put a lining in this bag. What do you think of the green fabric that I have in "my stash"? I really don't think that I need to go out to buy any new fabric when this fabric could "do the job".



I've been very busy doing some heavy-duty outdoor work in the garden. I managed to get a drainage line put in to drain from the down spout of the house gutters at one corner where the water in the winter was draining at the foundation. It will now drain further away from the house. It is so nice to get projects finished like this when I know that it needs to be done. The flexible drainage pipe lays in a trench under the rock.

 


By the way, all of that rock I have gathered when I am digging holes in the ground to plant something. I do not think that I will ever run out of rock! When I moved here it was just dirt (I mean mostly rock) next to the house.

The pipe attaches to a rigid drainage line that is under the new section of the sidewalk. The rigid pipe was put under the cement when the cement work was done for the garden shed which sits beside the sidewalk. In the garden shed photo you can see the drainage pipe at the lower right corner (especially when you enlarge the photo).



And then, I had all of these hoses laying across the sidewalk which was certainly a major safety hazard. So, I tunnelled an opening under the cement with a walkway tunnel set that you attach to a water hose. The water pressure forces the tunnel under the sidewalk. Then I inserted a rigid drainage pipe and threaded the hoses through the pipe under the sidewalk at the back of the garden shed. I am thrilled with the outcome. It is so neat, clean and safe.


It has still been quite hot up here in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. The evenings are generally nice and cool. I think it's time for a nice cool glass of wine!


I never have an idle day,
New ideas come my way.
Don't know yet what I'll create,
But my imagination's great.
- - - -Anoyomous
WISHING YOU A FABULOUS SUMMER EVENING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014