web analytics

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Please Hand Me The Wrench

If you are a home owner or holder of a mortgage you know home repair and maintenance is a continual process. I am a strong believer in preventive maintenance which I believe is economically beneficial. The outside of my house is in need (not critical, yet) of a total paint job. I guess I will be readdressing that topic another time, probably again in the spring.

For now, my focus is on my lavatory faucet. There has been some water leakage to the cabinet below the sink. Thus, I have taken everything apart! And, that was not an easy task. There isn't much room under the sink in the cabinet. I had to disconnect the water lines. However, my biggest problem was not being able to see clearly with my regular glasses. Once I went to get a pair of "drug store" reading glasses which I already had, I was able to quickly remove the coupling nuts with a crescent wench.


It was my intention to replace the gasket that fits between the porcelain sink and the faucet. However, they are no longer available from the manufacture (Delta) even though it is only about 8 years ago that I upgraded the bathroom. I am sure I will figure it out. Perhaps, I can use the used gasket as a template to make a new one with soft pliable rubber. And, of course, use some silicone.  I'll keep you posted.


But, let 's focus on this beautiful hand painted sink. I purchased it through Ebay at a very good price when I was renovating my kitchen and bathrooms a few years ago. It has held up very nicely, as long as I use a soft scrub cleanser. I enjoy the beauty of the sink every single day!

As long as I am in "the mode or mood" I have to replace the over vanity light bulbs. I guess I don't have to think about it much because the last of the two just burned out. The other bulb went out quite some time ago. I might as well replace with "green" bulbs since they finally have come down in price, a little.

REPAIR WORK -  NO CRAFTING!     <#  #> 
                                                        ^ '
                                                          
                                                                 
Well, that's all today from this little Handy woman!

Please Take Care Of Yourself.

Mary


1 comment:

  1. Yes, home maintenance is never ending. Plumbing issues are by far the worst home chores to us. I love your lav sink!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014