web analytics

Sunday, October 19, 2014

1 - 2 - 3 Let's Eat

Autumn is certainly in the air, today, here in California. And, it feels like a good day to "put the Dutch Oven on". The recipe for Sweet Spicy Country Style Ribs And Beans has been sitting on my kitchen counter for a few days and I bought the pork ribs and the red hot pepper jelly that I didn't have available.

I did not think about taking photos until just as I was putting it in the oven. So this is photo No. 1.


After cooking for one and a half hours, I opened the lid to check to make sure it wasn't getting to dry. It looked great. These Le Creuset dutch ovens do a beautiful job with their self-basting lids. The Dutch Ovens are very expensive so I shopped on Ebay and about a year ago I found one that is "like new" for less than half the price of a new one. Photo No. 2 looked pretty darn good. And, boy oh boy, it sure smelled wonderful!


Following another half hour of cooking the ribs were beautifully cooked through and just about to fall apart. Just right! Of course, I had to eat a sample - to make sure the seasoning didn't need adjusting. I guess you can't improve on perfection! They were delicious with a great flavored sauce with the ribs and beans. See photo No. 3 for bubbly goodness!


Be sure to try the recipe!

You can find the recipe at - Jbugskitchenantics Sweet Spicy Country Style Pork Ribs and Beans and I highly recommend it. Of course, I almost forgot to take a photo and there was no table staging. Just simple home cooking.



And, it is very easy!

Hope you have a beautiful fall day.

Mary

1 comment:

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014