web analytics

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

In And Out

The garden is always beckoning me. And, today is no different. I always have a project (or ten) that I want to work on. And, it is such beautiful weather to work in the garden. The garden is rolling along into another season and rapidly changing in colors and needs.

I have given a name to my collage - - - IN AND OUT.

It looks like the White Chrysanthemums are on their way IN AND the White Dahlias are on their way OUT.


The Bumble Bees have been very busy gathering all the pollen they can get from the dahlias. It makes me happy to see the bumble bees in my garden especially since they are in decline. I have noticed a difference in my own garden through the years.

                                            (google)

These Chrysanthemums grow over 5 feet tall. I really don't know why "so tall". A few years ago I bought them at the grocery store that had little 4 inch pots of chrysanthemums at the front that were from the local High School Horticulture Department. Boy oh boy, did I  get my monies worth? Look at all of those buds and that is just a portion of the large head of flowers on those 5 foot tall stems.


As the days get shorter I will sadly miss my hours in the garden. Usually, by this time of year I am more than ready for the end of the gardening season. But, this year has been so different with being banned from the garden for more than two months as my ankle/leg injury healed. My ankle has healed well, however, with the change in barometric pressure with the seasonal change I am reminded of the incident by some discomfort that I did not have when the weather was warmer.

I hope to soon be able to get some propane gas for my living room fireplace/heater and then my warm and cozy evenings will begin with the seasonal change. 

I am doing well and Lily has adjusted to her medical treatment and seems very happy!

Take Good Care.

Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014