web analytics

Saturday, October 25, 2014

And Now - Were Was I

Oh yes, Stuck in a Snow Storm on a two lane roadway with my Friend.

I decided that we should just sit in the car for awhile and think, pray and plan. Tow trucks had been called but that wasn't any help for they could not get to us, remember SNOW everywhere. And, it continued to snow more and more.

By now, it was very dark outside. We sat for about 30 minutes and then I decided to try one more time to get out of the side of the road even though the truck in front of me and the one behind me had not been able to get back on the road. I concentrated very hard on accelerating just enough for traction without spinning the wheels. IT WORKED! I had to cross the middle yellow line to get enough traction and then I was able to get back in my lane. My friend was cheering me on which really helped! Their were very few cars moving about. But, there were just enough track marks in the snow for me to use. The many trees along the roadway sheltered the road somewhat from the snow. In my head I can still hear myself saying out loud - We're out! We're out!

The remainder of the trip was very slow and it continued to snow. A road trip that usually takes about 45 minutes to drive, took us about four hours. Many, many people did not get home that night. We were very tired and stressed, but, Oh, so thankful! Eventually the snow stopped but it took days for everything to get back to normal, Whatever Normal Is.

My friend and I shared many experiences together but I believe this was the most remarkable. A lot of them were just FUN, FUN, FUN. I miss her. I am blessed to have had her as my friend!



Mary


1 comment:

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014