web analytics

Friday, February 17, 2012

New Toys For The Kitchen

Well, really not new. I just have not been able to use them until recently. It is so nice to return to baking and cooking in a relaxed and peaceful way. Quite awhile ago I saw these scraper blades for Kitchen Aid Mixers and I knew that I had to have one. What a great idea!  And ~ it worked great!

 

See how nice the bowl is scraped and the batter is nicely blended.



And, now look at my new cookie sheets and non-stick silicone liners. Aren't they pretty? Again, I have had these for quite some time but never could take the time to use them.






You say, "What are you making?"  Oh yes, that would be nice to tell you. The Women's Fellowship at my church had a fund raiser and the theme was Heavenly Chocolate Festival in celebration of Valentine's Day. So, I made Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. In years past, like the 70's, I made this Betty Crocker recipe every Christmas Season. This particular recipe uses vegetable oil instead of shortening and is not quite as sweet.

 




The cookie sheets and liners work fabulously! I highly recommend them.




For a short time I will have dietary restrictions, so I chose not to attend the Heavenly Chocolate Festival  but  when I delivered my contribution I saw the Beautiful Decorations. For a little country church, we have an incredible number of talented and impressive women - - - and men. They even had Chocolate Fountains for dipping strawberries and other goodies as well as Hot Chocolate and an assortment of all things CHOCOLATE. What could be better ! ! !

And, the event was a HUGE success! A significant amount of funds were procurred for Habitat for Humanity, Mentoring Programs and Food Bank to name a few of the local community projects that the women's group supports. Wonderful!

Have a Great Day.



.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014