web analytics

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Looks Good And Is Good

Yummy, yummy home cooked food. Nothing fancy, just good cooking and good flavors. I am really enjoying cooking again. And, cooking healthy food is more important now, than ever in the past. As Ricky Gervais said on the Pierce Morgan show,  "Life is good and I don't want to blow it".

Now, don't get me wrong. I love food ~ pretty much ~~~ all food and especially desserts. And, you can't go wrong if it's chocolate! 

This is what I came up with for dinner. No recipe, just some of this and some of that.


 






Now, don't misunderstand me. Restaurant food can be "mind blowing". But, moderation is important. And, given the expense of eating out in these recessionary times, I would like to think of "dinner out" as a special treat! Actually, that is how I have always thought about eating out unless it is a quick pickup.

During these times, there are so many people that can use some help. And, I wish there was more that I could do. It just doesn't feel right to spend money frivolously for self gratification, indulgence and exhibition on a regular/daily basis! It seems rather hedonistic. I have always felt this way and I guess I will never change that attitude.

Perhaps, I can return to some charity knitting/crocheting. I'm going to think about that. 

Help someone today, if you can. Even a "kind word" can be a huge gift for someone in need!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014